Have you heard about Koh Phangan’s most notorious full moon party? Some years ago a few travelers discovered that the full moon is most beautiful in Koh Phangan. They organized a party along the crescent shaped beach Haad Rin and since then it became a tradition for party lovers from all over the world.
The Koh Phangan’s monthly Full Moon party is one of the craziest events that take place on the island every month. It is regarded as one of the biggest and notorious parties in the world. Every month more than 30,000 party goers hit the beach at Haad Rin to share their excitement and fun with people from all over the world. If you’re planning a trip to Thailand in the near future, you must consider picking the dates according to the next Full Moon Party schedule. This is something you shouldn’t miss at all!
A lot of people, who are not aware of this exciting and thrilling moonlight party, often miss out the fun by visiting the island on other days of the month. Those who are not aware of what this party is all about should carefully read this article, to get a better insight on it.
What Is the Koh Phangan Full Moon Party?
The Koh Phangan Full Moon Party is perhaps one of the craziest and hedonistic parties that you will ever come across in your life. You will find the craziest crowd here – some even wearing nothing, but vivid colored body paint. People from all over the world visit the island to join this party every month. The party begins at the sunset and peaks off at sunrise. It was the most chaotic, glamorous and unruly parties in the world.
Tips for Attending the Koh Phangan Full Moon Party
1) The party does not take place only on the full moon night. The dates are scheduled around long weekends or Buddhist holidays.
2) Make sure you make advance bookings as accommodations are usually full during this time of the month.
3) The accommodation can be really expensive during Full Moon Party days.
4) Book an accommodation away from Sunrise beach, if you want a good and quiet sleep post-party.
5) Do not carry any valuable things such as jewelry, money, credit/debit cards, camera etc.
6) Carrying drugs is illegal in Thailand. Avoid carrying them even at the party to be on a safer side.
7) Stay out of water during the party. Most deaths take place due to drowning during this time.
Getting Ferry to Koh Phangan Full Moon Party
The Full Moon Party takes place on the island of Koh Phangan. Getting ferry to Koh Phangan is the only way to reach the island. Transportation from Bangkok to Koh Phangan is usually included in the travel packages. However, if you did not plan it before, you can make your own way to the island as well. You can also take an overnight bus or train from Bangkok to Surat Thani. From Surat Thani, you can book the ferry to Koh Phangan. The ferry takes approximately 4 hours to reach the island.
John Chen is a travel writer currently located in Bangkok, Thailand. He likes writing about Thailand and he writes not only about traveling in Thailand, but also about business, culture, economy and food.