What can be better than Italian hazelnut chocolate candy for Thanksgiving day? You can make these perfect Thanksgiving day candies for the entire family just in 60 minutes. These candies are pretty simple and easy to make. Even if you have never made candies in the past, with some basic cooking skills, you will have your batch ready in one hour. You just need 30 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook and the perfect sweet treat is ready for the Thanksgiving holiday.
We are just a week away from Thanksgiving day. Aren’t you excited to put on your apron and start cooking and baking for the holiday? If you have given Italian hazelnut chocolate candies a place in your holiday menus, you have a great sense of taste. These candies also make the perfect Thanksgiving day gift.
Imagine you receiving candies with rich chocolate and hazelnut flavors as Thanksgiving gifts. You will be super excited. So, why not surprise your friends with nicely packed hazelnut chocolate candies? With these candies, you can also go for pairings. This time of year is perfect for pairing these Italian candies with stouts and porters. It’s snowing outside and you are sitting next to your fireplace. It is good to have a stout with chocolate hazelnut candies. Try this. You will love it.
These sweet hazelnut-chocolate bites are made of chopped hazelnuts stubbed creamy chocolate ganache. And then these are topped with whole hazelnuts. In the end, dunk in dark chocolate and it’s done. It is pretty easy to bake these crowd-pleasers.
● Total time: 60 minutes
● Preparation time: 30 minutes
● Cooking time: 30 minutes
● Yield: 15 candies
● Semi-sweet chocolate chips: 2 cups
● Heavy cream: ½ cup
● Butter cut into small pieces: 1 ½ tablespoon
● Toasted, skinned and finely ground hazelnuts: ½ cup
● Whole, toasted and skinned hazelnuts: 25
● Cocoa powder for dusting: Optional
Also read: Italian Torrone Chocolate: A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Making One
● Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
● To make the ganache, take a medium bowl of 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add the cream in a small saucepan and put it over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and remove when you can see bubbles appearing near the sides of the pan. Leave for 2 to 3 minutes after pouring hot cream over chocolate.
● Use a whisk and stir to combine cream and chocolate. Stir to combine after placing chopped butter on top. It should be completely smooth. Incorporate hazelnuts by stirring well.
● Cool the ganache to room temperature. Place it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to make it hard enough to roll.
● Use a teaspoon to take small amounts of ganache. Create balls by rolling these small amounts of ganache between your palms. You can prevent sticking by dusting your hands with cocoa powder. Place these balls on the cookie sheet.
● Top each ball with one whole hazelnut and let the hazelnut protrude from the top.
● Put in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour. These balls should be firm enough to dip.
● Melt the remaining chocolate in one-minute increments in the microwave. Stir to prevent overeating.
● You can use two forks or dipping tools to dip each ball into the chocolate. Now, place the dipped hazelnut-chocolate bite back on the cookie sheet. Put these candies in the refrigerator and let them set before serving.
Your cookies are ready!
Amount per bite
● Calories: 418
● Total fat: 39g
● Saturated Fat: 8g
● Cholesterol: 12mg
● Sodium: 5mg
● Total Carbohydrate: 14g
● Dietary Fiber: 6g
● Protein: 9g
● Calcium: 74mg
Italian hazelnut chocolate candies perfect as both Thanksgiving candies and Christmas candies. Every single online candy store sells these candies during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Make at home or buy online.