When it comes to India we have a variety of sweets. In fact, many consider a meal incomplete until they have had sweets in the end this is one of the reasons why there are so many sweet dishes that are prepared at home too. And halwa is probably one of the most common and easy one of them all.
Halwa is any of various dense, sweet confections and they are served all over the world. The names could probably differ. So, in today’s article I am going to be listing a few Indianhalwa recipes that one should must try eating and also preparing because they are so easy to prepare.
- Dateshalwa– The dates ka halwa uses dates as it primary ingredient. It is a very famous and easy one. The dates are put into a pan of milk and boiled together till it cooks and becomes thick. It has dry fruits such as cashew and almonds and raisins. Also, it uses ghee in abundance. This is a very rich recipe and the taste is top notch!
- Gajarkahalwa– For those who don’t know gajar means carrot in Hindi. This recipe uses carrots in abundance. The carrots are first grated and kept aside. Then it is cooked with milk and sugar and when it thickens or when the carrots are cooked, a generous amount of ghee is added to give it the needed flavour. One can serve it with chopped almonds, cashews, raisins and pistachios.
- Soojikahalwa– According to me soojikahalwa is one of the most commonly prepared halwas. This does not use milk. In this recipe sooji is cooked with water till it changes colour and thicken. One can also use cinnamon and cardamom to give it flavour. One can top it with blanched almonds and cashews. But otherwise one can even enjoy it plain as it is.
- Sohanhalwa- now this recipe is a little more complicated than the others so it may be hard to prepare it at home. It requires much accuracy and precision. But if you are impressed with this recipe, you could always buy it. One can find it any sweet shop. It uses corn flour or maida as its main ingredient along with sugar, milk, ghee, cardamom and saffron. Also, you could use various dry fruits of your choice to garnish the halwa.
- Aatekahalwa– aata is the Hindi word for wheat flour which happens to be the primary ingredient of this halwa recipe. This is a very easy preparation just like soojikahalwa and is very a famous household recipe. This is mostly prepared with jaggery instead sugar. Jiggery gives a different taste and colour to the halwa. Again it is topped with all these rich dry fruits that one can choose by themselves. It is a must try!
So, this was the list of 5 famous and most popular halwa recipes of India. Please do try them out and I hope you like them just as much I do.