Buying a Kigurumi onesies is all about fun and enjoyment. There are various options that a person can choose from. This one piece attire covers the body along with the legs and arms. It also has a hood. The material is soft and fluffy and its baggy nature makes it a huge outfit. Onesies need to be maintained properly after use so that it stays in good condition for a longer time.
Whenever a person buys a Kigurumi onesie, he must make sure that he reads all essential tips stated on the website. Some companies even provide instruction manuals to ensure that the customer knows what all he needs to do. Once the onesie is used, it should be cleaned and washed properly. Though the process is very simple and can be easily done at home, there are certain important factors that he needs to keep in mind.
When it comes to the washing process, it is important that the first wash should be gentle. Here are some essential points:
- The person must use cold water in the washing machine.
- The detergent should be mild.
- The first wash is most important as it helps in colour setting.
- To ensure that the fluffiness remains, always prefer gentle wash.
- Gentle wash ensures that the detailing done on the face is not ruined.
- After the first wash, the person might opt for warm wash incase the outfit gets too dirty.
Drying the Kigurumi Onesie
It is recommended not to use the machine dryer. It is possible that the onesie might take more than one day in order to dry but then it will ensure long durability of the material. In case of emergency when there is no time and the outfit is required urgently, one can choose the gentlest dryer option in the washing machine like the fluff or the air dry options. During winters, using dryer might become essential. Hanging it or keeping it flat ensures that there are no wrinkles.
With time, a person might notice pilling on fleece and pile materials. This will increase with usage. In order to remove it, one must buy a fabric shaver. This machine helps in regaining the original look of the onesie. During this process one must take care that the material is not damaged or cut. Also, one must remember that frequent use of shaver is not good for the material.
Some Essential Dos and Don’ts
Below are certain dos and don’ts that help in proper maintenance of the outfit and ensure it has a good life.
- Use of fabric softener is recommended as it prevents the material from becoming stiff.
- Always turn the onesie inside out before washing.
- Chlorine bleach is a complete no-no as it will cause harm to the material, its colour and also the detailing. However, one can use colour safe bleach which has no chlorine at all.
- Avoid hanging the onesie in direct sunlight as it will cause harm to the colour.
- Never think of ironing the onesie.
Every person must make sure that he maintains his Kigurumi Animal Onesies in a proper way. This can be done by carefully reading all the instructions given on the website as well as the manual.