If you take extra care of your health, chances are great that you take vitamins and supplements on a regular basis. One of the best supplements you can take is magnesium, which is a crucial mineral in the human body. Magnesium plays an important role in the overall function of the body and is naturally found in humans and animals, plants, the Earth and the sea. Even if you consume a healthy diet, you may not be getting all the magnesium you need. Health365 sells magnesium supplements at reasonable prices, so you should definitely consider making a purchase.
It’s important to note the various benefits of magnesium. Unfortunately, many people suffer from a magnesium deficiency. Around 80 percent of adults don’t get enough of this vital mineral. In addition to eating foods that contain magnesium, taking supplements can also greatly benefit your health in the following ways:
- Increases Energy and Boosts Exercise: Taking magnesium supplements can help to increase your energy. Magnesium gives your energy a boost by activating adenosine triphosphate, otherwise known simply as ATP. When you have enough magnesium, you feel more energetic and are more motivated to keep moving your body while exercising.
- Calms Nerves: Magnesium can calm your nerves by benefiting GABA function. GABA function is a neurotransmitter in the brain that produces hormones such as serotonin, which help you to feel happier. The hormones that are regulated by magnesium are essential for keeping you calm and relaxed.
- Aids in Sleep and Treats Insomnia: Getting enough magnesium is good for calming you down when you are preparing to go to sleep. It can rest both your mind and body and keep your heart rate at an even pace so that you can more easily get a restful sleep.
- Aids Digestion and Relieves Constipation: Magnesium helps your digestion by relaxing the muscles in the digestive tract. It can also help to neutralize stomach acid and helps excrement move through the intestines, preventing constipation.
- Relieves Muscle Aches and Spasms: Magnesium plays a huge role in the signals of the muscles and muscle contractions. If you don’t get enough magnesium, your muscles are more likely to spasm. The mineral better helps muscles to relax and contract and allows you to move around better as well.
- Regulates Levels of Calcium and Potassium: Magnesium helps calcium and potassium to regulate their levels within your body and its cells, which helps to keep your heart beating normally and curb muscle contractions and impulses. When combined with calcium, magnesium helps with bone development.
- Essential for Heart Health: Magnesium plays an important role in the health of your heart. The largest concentration of the mineral is found in the heart, specifically in its left ventricle. It works with calcium to promote healthy blood pressure and prevent hypertension.
- Prevents Migraines: When you get the proper amount of magnesium, it helps with blood circulation and neurotransmitter function, which can help to prevent migraines. Magnesium blocks these severe headaches and their other symptoms by releasing hormones that reduce pain and reduce vasoconstriction, a constriction of blood vessels that can raise the blood pressure and lead to headaches.
- Helps Prevent Osteoporosis: Magnesium is an essential component in healthy bone growth and function. It also influences the activities of osteoclasts and osteoblasts, which help to build bone density. As a result, magnesium can help to prevent or even reverse osteoporosis.
These are the top benefits of taking magnesium supplements. No matter what your age or gender, you can reap many advantages when you get the right amount of this essential mineral in your diet.