Tooth decay takes places when plague combines with either sugars or starch from the foods that you eat. The teeth also go rotten as you get older which is just but part of the normal body changes. High sugar junk foods with chemicals dominate the world today. A single visit to a dentist Houston might do you extremely good. This is because the dentist will be able to give you some of the methods that can help prevent tooth decay.
When you pay a dentist in Houston a visit, they will be able to give you some of the methods which you can use to prevent tooth decay.
How To Avoid Tooth Decay
There are several ways that can be used to prevent tooth decay and gum diseases now and in old ages as listed down by dentists in Houston. Some of them are
– Brush teeth twice daily with a tooth paste which contains fluoride. It is advisable that you brush the teeth after eating and before retiring to bed at night.
– Use dental floss or you can use inter-dental cleaners to clean between your teeth daily.
– Inquire from your dentist about the best supplemental fluoride for help in strengthening of the teeth.
– A pint of fluoridated water can help protect teeth especially those of children from tooth decay. Drink fluoridated water daily.
– Use of dental sealers. This is a coating made of plastic which is applied on your molar to prevent them from decaying. The sealers protect the teeth from cavities by shielding them against plague and bacteria.
– Eating of a balanced diet is very essential. Ensure that you limit eating of snacks. Completely avoid carbohydrates (candy, chips, and pretzels) because they stick on the surfaces of the teeth. If you have to eat carbohydrates or any sugary snacks, brush your teeth immediately after.
– Rinsing the mouth with mouth rinse can assist in averting teeth decay. There are a number of antimicrobial mouth rinses which have been proven to reduce plague spread. The mouth rinse is used either after eating or brushing.
– Some people consider chewing gum as a way of increasing teeth decay but believe it or not, dental associations have recommended some gums which can help prevent cavities. The gums increase the flow of saliva in the mouth.
– The only way to detect dental cavities is only by visiting a dentist. The cavities can be detected by using a dental x-ray. Regular visits to the dentist for checkups and tooth cleaning are major factors in preventing cavities and tooth decay. There is no other better way than this for ensuring that your mouth is top on hygiene.
Being hygienically clean is very essential. It is not just about the body but also the mouth. You don’t want to shy away from talking to people because of having decayed teeth. Regular visits to dentist in Houston will serve you good as you will get the tips on having teeth free from decay.