Employment Pass also regarded as EP is a type of work visa that is issued to the foreign professional employees, owners/directors or managers of the Singapore Companies. There is complete no quota system off-putting the number of Employment Passes that can be issued to a company. This guide will provide you with thorough detailed information about the eligibility conditions, processing timeline, application procedure and other significant details about Employment Pass. The other name of Employment visa is Employment Pass.
You can apply for the Employment Pass under the following situations:
- You are one of the directors or owners of a Singapore Company and therefore, you need to visit Singapore to run the operations of the company. Remember, if your company is a newly set up company and you own approx 30 percent of the shares, you need to apply for Employment Pass.
- You are hiring foreign staff for your Singapore Company. In that case, you company need to file for an Employment Pass application for each of such employees.
Employment Pass is usually issued for 1-2 years and later they can be easily renewed. An Employment Pass will let you to work and live there in Singapore, along with travelling freely and need not apply for Singapore entry visas separately.
Singapore Employment Pass Eligibility Conditions
The basic facts and necessities for an Employment Pass type of work visa comprises of the following:
- With effect from 1st of January 2012, a bare minimum salary of S$3,000 and above a month is required
- A tertiary degree from a highly regarded university and appropriate professional experience. Your professional work experience history along with first-class salary may compensate your lack of good education in most of the cases. Your proposed employment in Singapore should be relevant to your prior experience.
- There is complete no quota system officially.
Beginning from 1st of July 2011, the earnings threshold for the following employment passes would turn out to be:
- P1 Pass: for candidates with a base income of above S$8,000 in a particular month.
- P2 Pass: for candidates with a base income between S$4,000 and S$8,000 in a particular month.
- Q1 Pass: for candidates with a base income between S$2,800 and S$4,000 in a particular month.
Beginning from 1st of January 2012, the earnings threshold for the equivalent passes will be as mentioned below:
- P1 Pass: For a basic income higher than S$8,000 a month.
- P2 Pass: For a basic income between S$4,500 as well as S$8,000 in a particular month.
- Q1 Pass: For a basic income between S$3,000 and S$4,500 in a particular month.
For the existing Employment Pass holders whose passes will expire on 1st of January, 2012 will be highly affected by these changes made. MOM will be granted after a renewal of 2 years.
For Pass holders who want to go for early renewal before January 1st, 2012 or those who apply for renewal after 30th June 2012 will be treated equally and will be given the same one-off renewal.
So, these are some of the essential documents that are required to avail Employment Pass in Singapore.
Author Bio: Tom Brown is a freelance writer who writes article related to Singapore Business Formation, Singapore Business Setup, employment pass Singapore and many more. Know more about his @Facebook