Most of us are capable of processing visual information much faster than textual analysis.
In fact, about 65% of the entire population learns through graphical presentations.
Because of that, many individuals, companies, and marketers use visual aids as a marketing tool to present and communicate information.
Over the years, visual aids have evolved into infographics.
These are graphical representation of information which is created to draw the attention of the targeted audience.
The main goal of an interesting infographic is to present complicated information through illustrations and graphs.
It aims to help users easily assimilate and comprehend the data being presented.
In addition, infographics aim to reach as many people as possible; thus, it needs to go viral.
But how is it possible? Here are a few tips.
Important Points To Remember
There are a few important factors you need to take into account before you start creating an interesting infographic design.
- Goal: It is critical to decide upon a goal. Your infographic design team must have a clear understanding of what you want to get out of creating this visual presentation.
By setting up a goal, you and your design team will be more focused on your marketing campaign.
- Target Audience: Another important factor in creating infographic is your audience. You need to understand your target market.
Who will most likely view and share your infographics? Do they care about what you are trying communicate?
- Infographic Design Team: These are the people who will design your infographic. Should you hire a professional for the job or can you make one on your own?
It is advisable to employ the services of a pro since they are experienced in creating infographics and they have the proper tools for the job.-
Research Factual Data And Information
Information is crucial in creating this communication tool. The design of your infographics won’t matter if the data presented is erroneous, self-invented, or disorganized.
It is crucial to communicate well-researched information and gather data from trustworthy sources.
After gathering data, you can place a citation near the bottom area of the infographic so that your audience can check and verify the information.
This will not only draw the attention of your audience but it will also help you gain their trust.
If you present erroneous information, your audience might lose interest or they might choose not to trust your claims in the future.
This will damage your brand’s reputation and affect your sales.
Make An Impact Through Creative Design
Your infographics must not only look attractive, but it must make an impact. It must be able to entice and move your audience to share the visual presentation.
This means that aside from visual appeal, the infographics must be able to tell a story in a creative and entertaining manner.
Once you are satisfied with the result, it is time to start marketing this communication tool. Here’s what you can do:
- Press Release: Although press release won’t help in improving your SEO, it is still an excellent method to attract traffic and incoming links.
With that said, it is advisable to have a press release once your infographic is finished.
- Improve Your Rank On Google Image Search: Another important tip is to improve the rank of your infographic on Google Image Search.
To achieve this, you must surround your infographic with related keywords.
- Guest Post: You can also try writing a few words about your infographic and try to contact the top bloggers in your industry. In doing so, you can find guest posting opportunities.
If you are given the opportunity, send your infographics along with the article you have written.
- Showcase On Social Media Websites: Another smart way to make an infographic go viral is by showcasing it though social media websites.
For instance, you can post the infographic on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.
These are just a few helpful tips that can make your interesting infographic design go viral. Taking the necessary steps to create an attractive infographics is only the first part of the process.
You must also share the infographics through various mediums and websites. With that in mind, you must promote it and share it until it goes viral.
- Stefan Leijon.”teens-cruel-world-of-social-media-infogr aphic”. December 13, 2011. Online Image. Flickr. May 05, 2013
License: Creative Commons
The author, Kris Bennette, is a marketing specialist who uses infographics.
She also occasionally writes for DesignerInfographics.com, a known infographic design company.